A few months ago, I was lucky to be introduced to Wali Zahid at Civil Aviation Training Institute.
After attending his energy packed sessions, I find myself changed in a very positive way. Some of these changes are:
- Wali’s futuristic approach has told me that there is so much to know, so much to do and so much to look forward to. The future seems brighter; this view is supported by his accurate factual data.
- I now find myself very lucky to be born in this era, where educating myself is so easy with easy access to immense knowledge. There is no full stop.
- Since I am an architect, I am much convinced to explore new materials, going green and design less energy consuming spaces. I am trying to design a low cost, low maintenance vertical garden.
- I am glad to know that a tough boss is a blessing, you get to excel more that way.
- I now know that conflicts will arise and that we can agree to disagree and move on.
- I have observed that the “will” to do a task streamlines a lot of energy and skill and makes things happen.
- I feel energized and confident in many matters.
- I can now calculate better where to express my view and where to hold back.
- When I say my thinking got dented, I really mean it.
- Although, I preferred to dress simply even before the training, I was not confident about it. Now I confidently dress simpler.
One thing that I don’t know whether was intentional or unintentional, but Wali has drawn me closer to the deen. Something inside is at peace. 🙂
F’rah Mukhtar is a graduate of UET, Lahore. An architect, a photographer, a blogger and a writer in architectural magazines, her thesis was published internationally. She is currently working with Civil Aviation Authority.